St. Therese Society

a group of college and young professional women in St. Louis seeking to deepen their spirituality and grow in holiness while discerning a possible vocation to religious life

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri

"Charity gave me the key to my vocation. I understood that the Church had a Heart and that this Heart was burning with love. I understood that Love comprised all vocations, that Love was everything, that it embraced all times and places...in a word, that it was eternal! My vocation, at last I have found it...My vocation is Love!"

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Feast of St. Luke


Canticle of Simeon, from the Gospel of Luke
Nunc dimittis servum tuum, Domine Secundum verbum tuum in pace: Quia viderunt oculi mei salutare tuum Quod parasti ante faciem omnium populorum: Lumen ad revelationem gentium, Et gloriam plebis tuae Israel.

Now dismiss Thy servant, O Lord, in peace, according to Thy word: For mine own eyes hath seen Thy salvation, which Thou hast prepared in the sight of all the peoples, a light to reveal Thee to the nations and the glory of Thy people Israel.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Alycin said...

Learning about the Saints is one of my favorite parts of the Catholic faith... we get to see all these people, beyond just bible times, that had the same level of passion and the same heart for Jesus and the first disciples... we have people to look up to and that we can point to and say, "It is possible to devote my life entirely to Jesus and look how amazing that life can be!"

God bless.

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home