St. Therese Society

a group of college and young professional women in St. Louis seeking to deepen their spirituality and grow in holiness while discerning a possible vocation to religious life

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri

"Charity gave me the key to my vocation. I understood that the Church had a Heart and that this Heart was burning with love. I understood that Love comprised all vocations, that Love was everything, that it embraced all times and places...in a word, that it was eternal! My vocation, at last I have found it...My vocation is Love!"

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A vocation is the recognition that we are not on our own in this life. We come from God and we are on our way back to him. His plan for us is the surest way for our happiness and our salvation. So we listen for his call as Mary did. Ordinarily this call is heard through the inclination of our own gifts, our desires and the providential details of daily life. We are led through ordinary happenings and the stirrings of our hearts and minds.
To be attentive to this inner process one must pray, one must become a man or woman of prayer. In prayer we become sensitive to the movements of the Holy Spirit who leads us into the path God has marked out for us.
--Fr. Gabriel O’Donnell, OP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home