St. Therese Society

a group of college and young professional women in St. Louis seeking to deepen their spirituality and grow in holiness while discerning a possible vocation to religious life

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri

"Charity gave me the key to my vocation. I understood that the Church had a Heart and that this Heart was burning with love. I understood that Love comprised all vocations, that Love was everything, that it embraced all times and places...in a word, that it was eternal! My vocation, at last I have found it...My vocation is Love!"

Wednesday, April 18, 2007


God is love and in the light of this truth, the most momentous that has ever dawned on the mind of men, all things fall into their proper place. God's first law is that He be loved and the expression of this love is the love that one has for his neighbor. In the case of married persons, their neighbor is their partner. In the good marriage there is a holy rivalry, with each person wanting to be the better spouse. This is the perfect compliment, and it is the best way of inspiring another person to make the best effort possible. Love understands that even married life is wearing, wearying, and weakening. Understanding this, one makes allowances for the struggling partner, while the grace of Matrimony always moves those who invoke it to greater exertion.
--Fr. John J. O’Sullivan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home