St. Therese Society

a group of college and young professional women in St. Louis seeking to deepen their spirituality and grow in holiness while discerning a possible vocation to religious life

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri

"Charity gave me the key to my vocation. I understood that the Church had a Heart and that this Heart was burning with love. I understood that Love comprised all vocations, that Love was everything, that it embraced all times and places...in a word, that it was eternal! My vocation, at last I have found it...My vocation is Love!"

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Solemnity of the Assumption of Mary


We believe that the Mother is where the Son is, for the Son of God. The ties between Mother and Son, how close are they, how tender, how holy, even in the order of nature! What must these ties have been when grace joined hands with nature to weave them! And would this Son who loved his Mother as never son loved mother before or since suffer her virginal body to moulder in the tomb? It were almost impiety to think so. Others he raised from the grave, some to a mortal life, some to immortality; much more would he deliver his own Mother from the bonds of death.
--Fr. Charles Callahan, OP & Fr. John McHugh, OP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home