St. Therese Society

a group of college and young professional women in St. Louis seeking to deepen their spirituality and grow in holiness while discerning a possible vocation to religious life

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri

"Charity gave me the key to my vocation. I understood that the Church had a Heart and that this Heart was burning with love. I understood that Love comprised all vocations, that Love was everything, that it embraced all times and places...in a word, that it was eternal! My vocation, at last I have found it...My vocation is Love!"

Monday, October 23, 2006

Give thanks through all generations

Give thanks to him; bless his name, for he is good:
the LORD, whose kindness endures forever,
and his faithfulness, to all generations.
—Psalm 100:4b-5


When we ponder the stories of the Old Testament, like the stories of Abraham and Isaac, we can see what they cannot see. Because we know what is to come later, we can see God’s Providence at work in their lives. We can give thanks to the Lord for testing Abraham in asking him to sacrifice his only son because we know that Abraham’s faithfulness would lead to a new covenant, a promise of faithfulness to all his descendants.

In our lives, it is difficult to see the work of God when it seems like we go from one deadline to the next. Particularly in our daily struggles, it may seem that the road we’re traveling is leading nowhere. Yet when we view our lives in hindsight, whether it be a week or several years later, we see God’s Providence at work to lead us to something far better than what we may have imagined. The covenant God made with Abraham is very much with us today. May we continue to praise Him for His goodness to us!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Dickson, F.L.A. said...

Thank you for this posting.

All too often we concern ourselves too greatly as to where we stand spiritually. Are we spiritual enough? Did I pray enough Rosary's today? How much time did I spend on my knees today? Should I, could I, would I????!!!!!

All the while, our heavenly Father smiles and says, "Well done, good and faithful servant."

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home