St. Therese Society

a group of college and young professional women in St. Louis seeking to deepen their spirituality and grow in holiness while discerning a possible vocation to religious life

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri

"Charity gave me the key to my vocation. I understood that the Church had a Heart and that this Heart was burning with love. I understood that Love comprised all vocations, that Love was everything, that it embraced all times and places...in a word, that it was eternal! My vocation, at last I have found it...My vocation is Love!"

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Feast of the Dedication of St. John Lateran

“In the building of the Church, there must also be an altar. I think that if those of you, disposed & eager for prayer, offer petitions and prayers of supplication to God day & night, you will become the living stones for the altar which Jesus is building.
Consider what praise is ascribed to these stones which make up the altar. The lawgiver Moses said that the altar was to be made of stones, uncovered by iron. What are these stones? Perhaps those uncut & undefiled stones are the holy apostles, all making a single altar, because of their unity of mind and heart. For it was known that with one accord they opened their lips to pray: You Lord, know the hearts of all…
Let us strive to agree among ourselves and to have one mind and voice. May we never quarrel or act from vainglory. But may we remain united in belief and purpose. Then even we may hope to become stones fit for the altar.”
--Homily on Joshua by Origen, priest

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home