St. Therese Society

a group of college and young professional women in St. Louis seeking to deepen their spirituality and grow in holiness while discerning a possible vocation to religious life

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri

"Charity gave me the key to my vocation. I understood that the Church had a Heart and that this Heart was burning with love. I understood that Love comprised all vocations, that Love was everything, that it embraced all times and places...in a word, that it was eternal! My vocation, at last I have found it...My vocation is Love!"

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Prayer of St. Ephrem of Syria, Deacon, Poet, and Doctor

Lord Jesus Christ, King of kings,
you have power over life and death.
You know even things
that are uncertain and obscure,
and our very thoughts and feelings
are not hidden from you.
Cleanse me from my secret faults,
and I have done wrong and you saw it.
You know how weak I am,
both in soul and in body.
Give me strength, O Lord, in my frailty
and sustain me in my sufferings.
Grant me a prudent judgment, dear Lord,
and let me always be mindful
of your blessings.
Let me retain until the end
your grace that has protected me till now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home