St. Therese Society

a group of college and young professional women in St. Louis seeking to deepen their spirituality and grow in holiness while discerning a possible vocation to religious life

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri

"Charity gave me the key to my vocation. I understood that the Church had a Heart and that this Heart was burning with love. I understood that Love comprised all vocations, that Love was everything, that it embraced all times and places...in a word, that it was eternal! My vocation, at last I have found it...My vocation is Love!"

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Love was meant to be a sign, a symbol, of the Divine. No man is the final goal of any woman, nor is any woman the ultimate purpose of any man. God is the end of both. Each person has the Infinite within him; it is that we are after. The body can reach a point where it has enough food and enough passion, but the soul never says “enough”…Only the universal can give us contentment, but all we find below is the particular. We want the garden and yet all we eat are the little green apples. The Peace is in realizing that all human love is a spark from the Flame which is God.
--Archbishop Fulton Sheen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home