St. Therese Society

a group of college and young professional women in St. Louis seeking to deepen their spirituality and grow in holiness while discerning a possible vocation to religious life

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri

"Charity gave me the key to my vocation. I understood that the Church had a Heart and that this Heart was burning with love. I understood that Love comprised all vocations, that Love was everything, that it embraced all times and places...in a word, that it was eternal! My vocation, at last I have found it...My vocation is Love!"

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Be Prepared

Jesus said to his disciples: “Gird your loins and light your lamps and be like servants who await their master’s return from a wedding, ready to open immediately when he comes and knocks. Blessed are those servants whom the master finds vigilant on his arrival. Amen, I say to you, he will gird himself, have them recline at table, and proceed to wait on them."
--Lk 12:35-37

Jesus cautions us to be ready to serve the Lord at any moment, for He will come when we least expect it. How easy it is to grow weary of serving the Christ in those we come into contact every day, especially when they continue to annoy or frustrate us. Yet it is likely that the Lord will come knocking not in the grandiose and extraordinary. Are we looking for opportunities to serve Him in those we meet, particularly when it seems troublesome or inconvenient for us? Do we ignore the soft knock of Christ on the door of our hearts, waiting instead for a trumpet fanfare to call us into action?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home