St. Therese Society

a group of college and young professional women in St. Louis seeking to deepen their spirituality and grow in holiness while discerning a possible vocation to religious life

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri

"Charity gave me the key to my vocation. I understood that the Church had a Heart and that this Heart was burning with love. I understood that Love comprised all vocations, that Love was everything, that it embraced all times and places...in a word, that it was eternal! My vocation, at last I have found it...My vocation is Love!"

Thursday, March 22, 2007

On Sin


Sin, the mystery of iniquity, revealed both as mortal sin and venial sin, demands our reaction and our rejection. This in turn requires vigilance and prayer, the prayer that helps us in temptation, the prayer of reparation of God, of expiation in union with Christ who was made sin by his Father. We also have the testimony of the saints to the effectiveness of prayer to our Blessed Mother to avoid sin: O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to you!
--Justin Cardinal Rigali

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home