St. Therese Society

a group of college and young professional women in St. Louis seeking to deepen their spirituality and grow in holiness while discerning a possible vocation to religious life

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri

"Charity gave me the key to my vocation. I understood that the Church had a Heart and that this Heart was burning with love. I understood that Love comprised all vocations, that Love was everything, that it embraced all times and places...in a word, that it was eternal! My vocation, at last I have found it...My vocation is Love!"

Thursday, August 23, 2007


The coming of Christ confounded earthly powers because God did not come to engage in a power struggle. God is the maker of space over which Caesar governs and the maker of time in which history is acted out. He owns space and time, and came to liberate space and time, and came to liberate space and time from the powerbrokers of the world. True power is the ability to let go, to open your hands and say, “I will not cling to anything,” like Christ Jesus who did not cling to his equality with God. From a human perspective his abandonment of power was folly, but this was the only way to evade the forces of worldly powers. When Christ reigns in our hearts, the plans of earthly powers are confounded. Let them render what they will to Caesar; we are God’s to be rendered only unto God.
--Fr. Albert Paretsky, OP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home