St. Therese Society

a group of college and young professional women in St. Louis seeking to deepen their spirituality and grow in holiness while discerning a possible vocation to religious life

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri

"Charity gave me the key to my vocation. I understood that the Church had a Heart and that this Heart was burning with love. I understood that Love comprised all vocations, that Love was everything, that it embraced all times and places...in a word, that it was eternal! My vocation, at last I have found it...My vocation is Love!"

Friday, March 23, 2007

True Freedom

Holiness of life does not remove us from ordinary concerns. It makes us more authentically ourselves, more "human," because we have less reason to pretend to be someone we are not. To be secure in God's love means that all of our attempts to impress others with our goodness, to hide our weaknesses and evil inclinations disappear. We are finally free to be ourselves and able to become, day by day, more like God, more like Christ.
True spiritual freedom rests on the secure knowledge that we are loved by God just as we are. It is in our broken, imperfect state that God's love comes to rescue us from sin and lead us into a life of goodness and virtue.
--Fr. Gabriel O’Donnell, OP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home